January 22, 2014

Forty Two Years

Forty-two years (sometimes longer) of friendship sat around the table. From kindergarten (sometimes pre-school) through high school (sometimes college), I sat with my childhood friends.

We don't talk every day. Some of us don't even talk every year. Sometimes, we have remained close. And, sometimes, life has moved us apart. 

But, when we are together - my longing for home is fulfilled. I get a dose of girls - who may not know me like they used to know me - who may have different goals, needs, and values than I do - who may talk about me when I leave ;) - whose lives are different and the same as mine all in one. 

And, we laugh. And relive. And catch up. We fill with joy. We stop in sorrow. We breathe in relief. We laugh and laugh and laugh.

Dear friends, thank you for giving your time so we could be together again.

Gail, we missed you. We need you. We love you. Hope to see you next time.

*Ode to Tyler: Your presence (especially in uniform) adds to the fun, the laughter, and the tales told. Next time, let's get Rich(ie) to cross the state line! 

No comments: