September 19, 2013

On The Edge


“And God said come to the edge." "I can't. I’m afraid." "Come to the edge." "I can't. I’ll fall" "Come to the edge." I went to the edge and God pushed me…….and I flew.”


― Guillaume Apollinaire

Life can change. Tomorrow. A day filled with instants. And, in one of those instants, life can change.

I'm going to the edge tomorrow and I know I may be a different person by the end of the day then I am now. I've been to the edge before. Had my toes on the line. But I've never gone over. Always been afforded the blessing of turning around. Of thanking G-d that my world would remain the same as it had been.

I'm pretty sure thats how it will be tomorrow - because that's how it always is - but that's what everyone thinks - before they go over.  I sure don't feel any wings sprouting.  And, even if I remain on my side of the edge, I think of all those who are being pushed over.  The world changes every day and most of us don't know it. Most of us never have to spread our wings. Most of us don't have to soar after being pushed down.

Fear taunts us and plays with us and wastes our time. I can sit and dwell or I can go eat cookies.... with my Grommet cookie spoon.

I need one of these.

No comments: